Siren return spring
Moto Guzzi V700, V7 Special, Ambassador, 850 GT, 850 GT California, Eldorado, and 850 California Police models
Before selling a siren return spring (MG# 13744440) for my Dad, I took some measurements and photos of it.
Thanks to Bill Horribine for sending me some additional information about the return spring. In Bill's own words:
Oh I nearly forgot to mention, apparently there are 2 types of siren return springs.
First type attaches to the main body of the siren as indicated on your website and is attached to the bike via a hole drilled in the battery tray.
The second type, the spring is installed on the pivot shaft.
I suppose you could also opt to utilise both methods.
- The overall length is 71 mm
- The length of the coiled spring portion is 47 mm
- The length of each curved end is 12 mm
- The diameter of the wire is 1.64 mm
- The outside diameter of the coiled section is 12 mm
- The inside diameter of the coiled section is 8.72 mm