Electronic ignition - alternatives
Moto Guzzi V700, V7 Special, Ambassador, 850 GT, 850 GT California, Eldorado, and 850 California Police models
- Gammatronix electronic ignition
Notes from Hayden: Tiny little thing is zip tied under downtube but above crossbar. I put in an earth locating point nearby. It can be wired so if it fails you can revert to standard in a few minutes. I have disconected the capacitor, insulated the terminal and left it on the bike - See notes on instructions.
I have used this unit before on classic motors and it is simple, dirt cheap and reliable. My Norton Commando has not managed to shake one apart in 10 years. Full instuctions and specification available on the website for download.
- Harper's High Output Electronic Ignition (Pertronix)
- Laubtec (More information written by Ralf Brinkmann on the old Yahoo! Moto-Guzzi-V7 news group .
- Moto Schmitz
- Thanks to Uwe Ziebarth for sending me the information about the Sachse unit. Apparently this is a popular unit in Europe with a good track record.
- 2Topia Cycles is the USA supplier of Sachse Electronics ZDG3 electronic ignitions.
- Silent Hektik
- Thanks to Doug Beck for sending me the information about the Tri-Spark unit.