Mikuni round slide tuning baseline
Moto Guzzi V7 Sport, 750 S, 750 S3, 850 T, 850 T3, 850 T3 California, V1000 I-Convert, V1000 G5, 1000 SP, Le Mans, Le Mans II, Le Mans CX 100, Le Mans 1000, 1000 SP III, 1000 S, California II, California III, California 1100, California Jackal, California EV, California EV Touring, California Aluminium, California Titanium, California Special, California Special Sport, California Stone-Metal, California Stone-Touring, California Classic, California Touring, and California Vintage models
Thanks to Mike Tiberio for providing this information. In his own words...
Recently there was a Mikuni carb setup for a SP 1000 on ebay. I bid, but didn't win. I contacted the seller (Steve Braun), and asked if he would share the jetting information he learned in setting them up.
These carbs are available from pro-flo.com for $90 new, but without a baseline, you could easily spend that much buying tuning parts to get this close. He sent me the following info (with selected edits by me).
Here are the particulars for the Mikuni setup for the SP 1000.
- VM32 round slides
- 2.5 Cutaways
- 159P0 needle barrels (I think he means atomizers or needle jets here)
- 6DH3 needles clipped at the middle position
- 170 main jets
- 35 pilots
- 2.0 air jets
- The SP1000 was completely stock.
- Both intake manifolds are MG# 14115002 (Right Side). The left carb won't fit with stock left manifold, the carb hits the motor.
- The intake manifolds should be blended on the inside to match the carb opening.
- The air cleaners are K&N RU-1730.
- The installation fits very neatly if the battery is not oversized. I used a sealed Interstate unit: Y60-N24AL-B
- The carburetors came from Stan Smith at Rocky Point Cycle 937-376-9792